Establishing the basic conditions for the operation of automated and networked vehicles in passenger and goods transport
Automated and networked mobility can contribute to more efficient use of infrastructure and improved transport safety. For automated and networked vehicles to operate, basic conditions must be established which enable the opportunities to be exploited and which at the same time minimise the associated risks.
The following activities are included:
- Clarifying the legal framework conditions for handling data in relation to automated and networked driving;
- Clarification of demand and of the necessary conditions for data exchange by automated vehicles;
- A fundamental approach to the level of equipment of the digital infrastructure for operating automated, networked vehicles;
- A fundamental approach to cybersecurity in relation to automated, networked vehicles;
- Testing of communication between vehicles and infrastructure in conjunction with the industry;
- Approval of applications for pilot projects relating to automated driving on roads;
- Generation of a migration concept for hybrid operation with automated and non-automated vehicles;
- “Automated driving” research package.
Federal Roads Office FEDRO